We have a new and comprehensive selection of child care services that you can enjoy based on your personal preference.
We offer mid-day and after-school latchkey services for children attending school for only a half-day. If your child attends school in the afternoon only, bring them to Loving Hearts for morning child care and we will drop them off at bell time in the afternoon.
Loving Hearts Latchkey programs are in place to help you with your child care and transportation needs. Our Latchkey program focuses on the child’s physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development. All snacks and meals are included in your tuition.
- Before-School (AM) programs typically begin between 6:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. and last until students are dismissed to class;
- After-School (PM) programs begin when classes are dismissed and operate until 7:30 p.m. at our Webber Media location. At our Walton Blvd. Location, there is no half-day program and;
- ½ Day (mid-day) programs typically operate during the half of the day that the students are not in class. Webber media is the only location that offers the ½ day programs.
Benefits of After-School Latchkey and Programs
Before and after-school programs provide supervised care on a regular basis for children during hours of the day when school is not in session and parents are not available. Some benefits are:
- Peace of mind that your children are safe and well cared for in a nurturing, safe, and fun environment without the need of being home alone.
- For our clients located inside of their school, there are no transportation worries.
- Children who attend after-school programs have better grades and behavior and often outperform students not in structured programs.
- 79% of students who participate in after-school programs are academically above average students, while those who do not engage in after-school activities are five times more likely to be academically below average students.
- An opportunity to engage in an organized extracurricular activity outside of the classroom while enhancing the family/school relationship.
- A decreased chance of students engaging in smoking, drinking, drugs, sex, teen pregnancy and juvenile crime.
- Children in after-school programs often can make friends and build relationships with individuals they would not otherwise encounter.
- A healthier lifestyle in contrast to unsupervised students spending their time home alone watching TV, playing video games, surfing the internet, and eating junk food.
- You can find the above information in America after 3:00 PM household survey conducted for The After-School Alliance with support from the JCPenney After School Fund.